Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cool talks to play in class

Last semester I decided (for the first time) to give up an entire lecture to playing a talk I thought was just too good to ignore. Since then I've realized that there are several "cool talks" out there that fit a variety of courses I teach, and so I plan to collect them. Maybe others will find them just as cool?

So for this first post in the series, the talk that started it all. I played this one in "Computer Systems Fundamentals" which is an introductory systems course at JHU that covers (among many other things) microprocessor design and assembly level programming. The talk covers the MOS 6502 in a variety of ways, but the real "cool-factor" comes from the reverse engineering efforts described and demonstrated toward the end. Kudos to Michael Steil!

No comments:

Post a Comment