Thursday, June 17, 2021

Otherworld Miniatures

I ordered a bunch of miniatures from Otherworld Miniatures in the United Kingdom. I had been interested in their stuff for a while but failed to order before the whole BREXIT thing took effect. So I figured this would be a good experiment to see how "ordering from the UK" works for folks in Europe now. Here are the basic facts for my order:

  • May 25, 2021: Order filed and Paypal authorized for £54.50 GBP.
  • June 8, 2021: Email confirming order is complete.
  • June 17, 2021: Package arrives at my house around noon.

I am not complaining about anything here, the order wasn't urgent and no particular delivery date had been promised as far as I know. I do, however, want to point out that a June 1, 2021 email I had sent was completely ignored, so that wasn't great.

Here we go with the entirely predictable "unboxing" photos you've all been waiting for! First the outside...

The package itself. Air mail? Fancy!

Post-BREXIT necessities.

Now the inside...

Hmm... I guess I expected more?

I like the note. Good people.

No bottom padding. Sad.

Finally, the contents...

But everything seems to be okay.

Everything seems to have arrived in good condition, despite my misgivings about the lack of all-around padding. Now the hard stuff begins: I am terrible at assembling miniatures. I mean I am even worse at painting them, but I usually only buy "one piece" miniatures because I know about my distinct lack of skills. Oh well, wish me luck! Now where's that glue...?

No comments:

Post a Comment